Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, Va.; Erwin, TN.; Mount Vernon, IN.; Euclid, OH; Barberton, OH; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Engineer - BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) - Nuclear Services Group - Schenectady, NY
BWXT TSG provides a broad range of management, operational and technical services to the federal government and industry. Among the primary customers includes the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), Department of Defense and other nuclear and industrial partners. With exceptional leadership, extraordinary safety culture and dedicated employees, BWXT TSG delivers products and solutions to nuclear operations and high-consequence manufacturing facilities.
BWSR, a partnership between BWXT and APTIM, is the Decontamination, Decommissioning, and Demolition (D&D) subcontractor at the Bettis Laboratory. BWSR performs the remediation of legacy nuclear and environmental materials on site. The main project areas at the site include remediation of historical research facilities, demolition of buildings, and characterization of site-infrastructure to support on-going maintenance and construction.
The Engineer of Radiological Work (ERW) is responsible for:
- Developing technical written instruction that implement radiological and environmental controls, waste management instructions and safety standards to execute various scopes of work performed on site.
- Providing support of field work, assisting operations from approval of the technical work document through management of waste.
- Conforming to stringent federal, state and local requirements.
- Developing technical evaluations that introduce techniques/equipment that make current scopes of work more efficient.
Job Qualifications / Requirements
- B.S. in Engineering in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil/Structural, or Environmental disciplines is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of engineering experience.
- A Professional Engineer’s license is a plus.
- Prior Naval Nuclear Propulsion experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in radiological or environmental D&D is a plus.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "L" security clearance.
- The ability to obtain and maintain ERW qualifications in the Naval Reactors Program.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship, with no dual citizenship.
This position with BWXT requires applicants to obtain and maintain a government adjudicated clearance. Elements of this clearance include a background investigation under the cognizance of both BWXT and the U. S. government. Background investigations include but are not limited to reviews of criminal activity, financial credit standing, previous employment records, personal references, and foreign national association. In addition submission to BWXT and government defined drug testing criteria is required and includes an initial drug test with results reported in the required BWXT background investigation.
BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Location/Region: Schenectady, NY