About the Job
Well‐established Technology Company is seeking a Help Desk Analyst/Technician who will receive, prioritize, document, and actively resolve end‐user help requests. The qualified candidate will also be involved in the rollout of new or enhanced technology to large groups of staff (e.g., the rollout of new devices to a building). The ability to grow and learn as part of a team in a diverse education environment. Issue resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, the gathering of expertise from other IT professionals, vendors and the Web, and require that the individual give in person, hands‐on help at the desktop level.
- Experience supporting Windows computers and Software in a networked environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced changing environment
- Must be a good team player
- Must be self-motivated, focused and organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex technical problems toboth end users and other IT staff.
- Ability to manage own time and work with minimal supervision
- College diploma or degree in the field of computer science or 1- 2 years equivalent work experience.
Certifications a Plus:
- 8000+ Devices including PCs and laptops in a mixed environment that includes
- Windows 7, Windows 10, ChromeOS and iOS operating systems.
- Windows servers
- Fiber Optic Wide Area Network
- Microsoft Office Suite
- SMART Boards, Projectors and Related Technology
- Applying a pre-made software images to workstations and setting up for new employees
- Basic Software Support/Troubleshooting
- Setup / Breakdown / and Moving of equipment to accommodate new projects.
- Day to day support of Windows Computers and peripherals
- Developing and maintaining software inventory and support documentation
- Mentoring and knowledge sharing with coworkers
- Salary commensurate with experience
- High Tech professional environment with the ability to learn and grow
- Full Medical plan
- Company funded Profit sharing and retirement plan
- Accelerated Vacation Accrual and Additional Paid Holidays
NESS is a New York based company who has been in business since 1984. We love what we do and strive to provide our customers with the best solution for their needs.
Location/Region: Schenectady, NY (US)