Plan, direct, coordinate and expedite if necessary inbound materials needed for SQP’s production needs, while working with multiple departments to maintain required stock levels including physical inventory counts. Perform filing, data entry and subsequent maintaining of reports. Scheduling of inbound dock appointments and follow up on missed dock times. Low volume small parcel shipping and function to backup Transportation Manager when necessary. Participate with inventory control and cycle counting processes.
· Plans out weekly inbound schedule to achieve needed stock levels.
· Support Logistics Department Policy and procedure implementation, as well as, identifying and recommending areas for improvement.
· Focus on attaining desired results in the Logistics department and set Key Performance Indicators for the department, as well as, assisting achievement of pre- determined Plant KPI goals.
· Negotiate with suppliers and/or find ways to work with our suppliers to reduce costs and utilize methodologies that maximizes efficiencies.
· Work closely with Logistics Manager and Transportation Manager to ensure planning optimizes shipping & receiving department labor hours.
· Work with Production and Customer Service to maintain high order fulfillment rate with a goal of 99% plus performance; through reliable of supply raw materials.
· Answer phone calls and emails to maintain an inbound schedule.
· Front line on problem solving issues concerning raw materials acquisition and procurement.
· Participate in SQP inventory process. Must have schedule flexibility to including early start and infrequent but possible weekend hours.
· Backup for processing Purchase Order Requests in SAP
· Recommend improvements to increase departmental efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
· Previous procurement experience, minimum two years of experience in a fast paced environment.
· SAP or ERP System experience strongly preferred.
· Previous material costing experience preferred.
· Proficient with Microsoft office applications.
· Previous LTL/FTL freight and/or transportation experience a plus.
- Previous parcel shipping (Ups/FedEx) experience preferred
Ability to execute and achieve results to predetermined KPI,
Strong Negotiation Skills, Ability to deal with Complexity
Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
ERP & Microsoft office experience preferred.
Founded in 1964, Kari-Out Company prides itself on being built up from the ground floor with an entrepreneurial attitude towards the growing food service industry. After gaining a strong position in our condiment lines, the company has expanded to include virtually all areas of the food service industry. Today, Kari-Out Company employs almost 200 people and has locations throughout the country. Kari-Out Company is also proud to have received the American Institute of Bakers highest standard of quality, Superior, in regards to our manufacturing processes.
The Kari-Out Company has also been featured in worldwide publications such as Fortune magazine. Please click here to view the article that appeared in Fortune Small Business in October, 2001 (.PDF, 129kb).
As Kari-Out Company moves into the future, we are confident that our strong staff, high quality products, good relations with our suppliers, and our commitment to our customers will ensure long term success for us as well as our customers and suppliers.