Job ID: 225044
Nurse Aide / Amsterdam Memorial Campus / FT, Night, 80 hours, Bi-Weekly
Amsterdam, New York
Additional Job Information
Title: Nurse Aide
City, State: Amsterdam, NY
Location: Amsterdam Memorial Campus
Department: Skilled Nursing Facility 002
Additional Job Details: FT, Night, 80 hours, Bi-Weekly
St. Mary’s Healthcare in Amsterdam, N.Y., part of Ascension, features an award-winning acute care hospital, primary and specialty care centers throughout Fulton and Montgomery counties, more than 30 behavioral health services for persons in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a full continuum of physical rehabilitation services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned exceptional national rankings for excellence in medicine and has a continuing commitment to provide an exceptional patient experience.
Assists with basic patient care activities.
- Assists with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists patients with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and transfers/transport.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Provides for patients psychosocial and spiritual needs & special conditions.
- Develops & maintains cooperative and therapeutic relationships with residents, families and other staff
- Initiates patient rounds routinely, responds to patient call lights in a reasonable timeframe & responds to patient safety concerns promptly
- Accurately measures and documents vital signs and notifies nurse of abnormal results
- Certified Nurse Aide credentialed from the New York Department of Health - Nurse Aide Registry obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education and Experience:
- HS or Equivalent
- Previous experience as a CNA in a geriatric setting preferred and HS or equivalent diploma required. Successful completion of certified nurse aide training program.
How To Apply
In order to be considered for any open position, please complete a St. Mary's Healthcare online application, by clicking the "apply now" button. Additionally, you may include your resume and other documents as attachments. Applications/Resumes may only be submitted online through this process.
In addition, you may apply anytime online using any computer OR via one of our computer terminals at the following locations:
(1) Human Resources located at St. Mary's Hospital, 427 Guy Park Ave, Amsterdam, NY 12010
(2) Human Resources located at Amsterdam Memorial Campus, 4988 State Hwy 30, Amsterdam, NY 12010.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every application received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Location/Region: Amsterdam, NY (US)