Job ID: 218953
Registered Nurse - Med/Surg/ William Hall Progressive Care/ Full-Time, Night,72 hours, Bi-Weekly
Amsterdam, New York
Additional Job Information
Title: Registered Nurse- Med/Surg
City, State: Amsterdam,NY
Location: St Mary's Hospital
Department: William Hall Progressive Care
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Night, 72 hours, Bi-Weekly
St. Mary’s Healthcare in Amsterdam, N.Y., part of Ascension, features an award-winning acute care hospital, primary and specialty care centers throughout Fulton and Montgomery counties, more than 30 behavioral health services for persons in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a full continuum of physical rehabilitation services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned exceptional national rankings for excellence in medicine and has a continuing commitment to provide an exceptional patient experience.
Provides direct nursing care to medical-surgical patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides ongoing patient assessment/evaluation that is age-specific & is reflected within the documented plan of care that is modified & individualized based on patient needs
- Documents care as per unit standard; including proper use of forms
- Performs leadership duties w/accuracy & completeness; gives patient assignment fairly, delegated appropriately, provides follow-through on identified concerns
- Performs medication administration procedures safely; utilizes all safety checks, documents effects
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York Department of Education obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate Degree
- Associate's degree or certification equivalent required
Less than 6 months relevant experience required.
How To Apply
In order to be considered for any open position, please complete a St. Mary's Healthcare online application, by clicking the "apply now" button. Additionally, you may include your resume and other documents as attachments. Applications/Resumes may only be submitted online through this process.
In addition, you may apply anytime online using any computer OR via one of our computer terminals at the following locations:
(1) Human Resources located at St. Mary's Hospital, 427 Guy Park Ave, Amsterdam, NY 12010
(2) Human Resources located at Amsterdam Memorial Campus, 4988 State Hwy 30, Amsterdam, NY 12010.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every application received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Location/Region: Amsterdam, NY (US)