Job ID: 176917
Registered Nurse - Med/Surg/ St Mary's Hospital/ Medical Surgical Theresa/ FT Evenings/ 64 Hours Bi-Weekly
Amsterdam, New York
Additional Job Information
Title: RN - Med/Surg
City, State: Amsterdam, NY
Location: St Mary's Hospital
Department: Medical Surgical Theresa
Additional Job Details: FT Evenings, 64 Hours Bi-Weekly
Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1903, and as a member of Ascension Health since 2002, St. Mary's Healthcare is more than an award-winning hospital; it is a continuum of health care services offering a comprehensive network of high quality, local, compassionate care. Services include, but are not limited to,120 acute care beds,10 primary and specialty care centers in Fulton and Montgomery counties, more than 30 behavioral health services in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a 10 bed Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit, a 10 bed Transitional Care Unit, and a 160-bed nursing home. St. Mary's received 5-star ratings from HealthGrades for four consecutive years and in 2011 became the first hospital in New York State to achieve the "Pathway to Excellence" Designation. Our 1600 associates embrace the mission of providing every individual with an exceptional patient experience. In every role and in every facility, we embrace a Model Community of mission-focused, spiritually grounded associates, who will flourish and be inspired to reach their full potential. Our work environment is inclusive, supportive and caring--about the people who work with us as well as the patients we work to serve.
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent, flexible benefits package. We are fortunate to attract people who believe in our mission and who are dedicated to the service of our patients and their families.
The RN - Med/Surg provides direct nursing care to medical-surgical patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides ongoing patient assessment/evaluation that is age-specific & is reflected within the documented plan of care that is modified & individualized based on patient needs
- Documents care as per unit standard; including proper use of forms
- Performs leadership duties w/accuracy & completeness; gives patient assignment fairly, delegated appropriately, provides follow-through on identified concerns
- Performs medication administration procedures safely; utilizes all safety checks, documents effects
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York Department of Education obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Experience:
- Associate's degree or certification equivalent required and Less than 6 months relevant experience required.
How To Apply
In order to be considered for any open position, please complete a St. Mary's Healthcare online application, by clicking the "apply now" button. Additionally, you may include your resume and other documents as attachments. Applications/Resumes may only be submitted online through this process.
In addition, you may apply anytime online using any computer OR via one of our computer terminals at the following locations:
(1) Human Resources located at St. Mary's Hospital, 427 Guy Park Ave, Amsterdam, NY 12010
(2) Human Resources located at Amsterdam Memorial Campus, 4988 State Hwy 30, Amsterdam, NY 12010.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every application received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Location/Region: Amsterdam, NY (US)